The Northumberland and Tyneside Cricket League (NTCL) is affiliated to the ECB via the Durham and Northumberland Cricket Boards. Under new laws effective from 25 May 2018, we are required to provide you with certain details concerning how your personal data will be used and protected.
The NTCL is fully committed to protecting the rights and privacy of its member clubs, their members, the Umpires Panel and members of its own Executive Committee, as well as any other stakeholder involved in the day-to-day business of the League.
When you provide information by which you can be identified, it will, only, be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Names of data controller
Northumberland and Tyneside Cricket League
League Secretary : Paul Lee
Phone: 07769 693103
Categories of personal data we collect
Name, title, date of birth and gender
Contact details including postal, email address and telephone / mobile number.
Other information relevant to participation in NTCL competitions
Sources of personal data
We obtain personal data from:
• The individual and / or parent / legal guardian registering
• Play-Cricket database
The NTCL is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, the NTCL has suitable procedures in place to safeguard and secure the information collected. In addition, the NTCL limits access to your personal data to those parties who have an organisational need to know. They will only process your personal data on the instructions of the Data Controller and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. Once the NTCL has received your information, strict procedures and security features will be used to prevent unauthorised access.
Purposes of processing
The board will process your personal data for the purposes of:
• Record keeping
• Player registration and general administration (including verification, vetting and security checking)
• Ensuring appropriate communications are distributed/received between the NTCL, its member clubs and other stakeholders
• Supporting the organisation and delivery of cricket competitions
• For quality and improvement monitoring
Who we will disclose your personal data to Some limited information may be shared with other cricket stakeholders including:
• The ECB
• County Cricket Boards and other competition organisers so that they can maintain appropriate records and assist the NTCL in administering and organising cricket competitions and matches
The NTCL does not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to commercial organisations.
Legal basis for processing your personal data
The legal basis for the collection and processing of your personal data is:
• administration: that it is necessary to fulfil the contract that you are going to enter into or have entered into with us.
• in all other cases: that it is necessary for our legitimate interests which are to regulate and to encourage participation in the sport of cricket and ensure, that the reputation of cricket is preserved and this does not prejudice or harm your (or parents / guardians of children’s) rights and freedom.
• The NTCL does not knowingly collect data relating to children without the knowledge of their parent or guardian.
Your right to withdraw consent
Where you have given your consent to any processing of personal data you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. If you do, it will not affect the lawfulness of any processing for which we had consent prior to your withdrawing it.
Location of your personal data
We will keep your personal data within the European Economic Area.
How long we will keep your personal data for
We will not retain your personal data for longer than is reasonable and necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. We shall retain your personal data for such time as you are involved with NTCL activities.
Your rights in respect of your personal data
You have the right of access to your personal data and, in some cases, to require us to restrict, erase or rectify it or to object to our processing it, and the right of data portability.
Changes to policy
Any material changes that the NTCL makes to this policy will be posted on the League websites.
If you have any concerns or complaints about how we are handling your data please do not hesitate to get in touch by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This policy has been approved by the League Executive Committee